DofE Open Gold Practice Expeditions
£275 per person OR...
£530 if you book both your practice +
qualifying expeditions together!
Gold Practice Expeditions 2018 - Click HERE to book now
- Mon 26th – Sat 31st March 2018, Peak District - Successfully completed
- Mon 2nd – Sat 7th April 2018, Peak District - Successfully completed
- Mon 28th May – Sat 2nd June 2018, Peak District - Successfully completed
- Mon 16th – Sat 21st July 2018, Peak District - Guaranteed to run
1 female place remaining
- Mon 23rd – Sat 28th July 2018, Snowdonia - Guaranteed to run
2 male & 1 female places remaining
- Mon 30th July – Sat 4th August 2018, Peak District - Guaranteed to run
- Mon 6th – Sat 11th August 2018, Brecon Beacons - Guaranteed to run
- Mon 13th – Sat 18th August 2018, Lake District - Guaranteed to run
- Wed 15th – Tues 21st August 2018, Isle of Arran (£280.00) - Fully Booked
- Mon 20th – Sat 25th August 2018, Brecon Beacons - Guaranteed to run
- Mon 27th August- Sat 1st September 2018, Peak District - Fully Booked
- Mon 22nd – Sat 27th October 2018, Lake District - Guaranteed to run
- Mon 29th October – Sat 3rd November 2018, Peak District - Guaranteed to run
- Mon 29th October – Sat 3rd November 2018, Brecon Beacons - Bookings being taken
Pre-expedition information pack with all you need to know about your expedition: including detailed information on how to get to the venue (including by public transport) and a complete kit list. This pack can be accessed through our website Members Login area - we provide you with a password for this when you book;
Expeditions at a location that can be accessed by public transport giving you flexibility and allowing you to reduce your Carbon Footprint;
Bunkhouse accommodation for the first 2 nights, providing you with a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere to meet other participants. This also allows you to get the most from the first two training days without having to worry about carrying all your kit or starting the expedition with wet tents and boots;
Camping fees for the following 3 nights. Camping will either be on farm campsites with basic facilities or wild camping, depending on the location you choose;
Free use of group equipment. We provide you with high quality, light weight tents that are designed for the expedition you are about to undertake. We also provide gas Trangia stoves, first aid kits, maps, and group shelters to help you warm up on blustery days on the hill;
Comprehensive training covering all aspects of the DofE syllabus, therefore you do not need any experience or have done any training prior to joining the expedition;
On completion of one of our open gold practice expeditions you will have all aspects of training signed off (providing that you meet the required standard) - there is no need to have completed any training prior to attending;
Supervision throughout the expedition;
Accredited Assessors for the qualifying expedition, who will help you feel relaxed and encourage you towards completing your expedition;
An opportunity to meet new people and make new friends: Read about Laura's experience on her Open Gold expeditions with us here;
A CD combining all of your groups photographs at the end of your expedition. A great memento to take home with you.
You need to arrange
Transport to and from the expedition. We give you advice on the easiest way to get to the start of your expedition;
Personal equipment, but you have access to a comprehensive kit list in our Members Area to give you guidance on what you need and discounts on any kit you require;
All of your own food, but again we will provide you with guidance on this prior to the expedition and provide an opportunity to buy food (with guidance from your instructor) before heading out on your expedition.
Download a copy of our sample Open Gold DofE Practice programme here.
How to book your place
To book your place you must be aged 16 to 24 and you must be enrolled on a Gold DofE programme;
To join a qualifying expedition you must also have completed training and sufficient practice expeditions and had these signed off. We will ask to see evidence of this prior to the beginning of your qualifying expedition;
If you would prefer to book over the telephone then call us on 01433 651449;
Or drop us an email if you have any further questions.
As with all AAPs, our expeditions are subject to approval by your Operating Authority. It is your responsibility to contact them and confirm that it fulfils their requirements. For more details see the DofE website.
Please click here to submit your online Consent Form after booking your place.