In an increasingly risk averse culture, outdoor activities remain an extremely important experience for young people and their wider development.
Adventure Expeditions offers a full technical advice service to individuals, schools and organisations so that you can run activities with the reassurance that you're doing things correctly. We give help and guidance on site recces and risk assessments and can accompany you in conducting them, formulating your H&S policies for outdoor adventures and keeping accurate records, all in line with current best practice and guidance. Advice doesn't just mean paperwork - we manage all aspects of land-based outdoor training from running sessions on equipment use, storage and care to workshops on remote supervision. Choose from the options below or let us know your specific requirements and we can help with what you need.
One day of in-house training, year long support package - £595.00
Telling you about things or doing them for you might not work if you need to do them on a regular basis yourself. We therefore come to you and run a day of in-house training covering the topics that you need addressing for up to 12 staff members, making things as practical as possible. After this we will be on hand via telephone and email to discuss any matters as they arise for the rest of the rest of the calendar year.
Two days of training, year long support package - £795.00
Two days of training to fully meet the needs of you and your staff including in-house training and competency checks/sign off. As above, after this we will be on hand via telephone and email to discuss any matters as they arise for the rest of the calendar year.
Tailor-made technical advice - £300.00 per day (including our travel expenses and resources as required) Contact us
Need just a one-off bit of information? Don't need in-house training? Don't need a support package that lasts a year? Let us know what you're after and we will see how we can meet your requirements best. £300.00 per day or £200.00 per half day.
Examples of our technical consultancy work
- Advising on the most appropriate equipment for an activity, training staff in how to use it, care for it and store it properly, equipment record keeping;
- Checking equipment - e.g. thorough annual/6 monthly PPE checks and records;
- Site specific training and assessments - e.g. high and low ropes courses, climbing walls, bouldering walls;
- Advising on risk assessment procedure, templates and accompanying staff on recces;
- Formulating safety policies and procedures;
- Assessing how appropriate a location is for a specific activity and making site visits/recces;
- Continuing professional development days or workshops specific to your staff or groups.