Mountain Leader Award
In order to provide top quality training, Adventure Expeditions runs all Mountain Leader courses in partnership with MLT Provider Peak Mountain Training.
Training course (6 days) - £399.00 Book Online
Sun 25th - Fri 30th October 2015.
Split Weekend Training Courses:
- Part 1: Fri 13th - Sun 15th November 2015;
Part 2: Fri 20th - Sun 22nd November 2015.
(you must attend both parts = total 6 days).
At the end of your Mountain Leader training course, we help you make an action plan to develop and consolidate your skills before assessment. Before attending an assessment you must hold a valid First Aid certificate (see our outdoor specific First Aid courses here) and have logged a minimum of 40 quality mountain day walks. Assessment courses include a three-day expedition with two nights wild camping.
Assessment courses (5 days) - £379.00 Book Online
- Mon 19th - Fri 23rd October 2015.
Split Weekend Assessment Courses:
- Part 1: Sat 17th - Sun 18th October 2015;
Part 2: Fri 30th October - Sun 1st November 2015.
(you must attend both parts = total 5 days).
Tailor-made ML courses
Do you have a group of 4 or more of you that would like to do ML? If so, get in touch and we can arrange dates and locations to suit you - contact us here.
Consolidating your skills
Between training and assessment it is important to consolidate your skills and gain further experience - not only to ensure that you are confident for your assessment but so that you are confident in leading groups in all situations too. As part of your consolidation we offer help from the trainers and assessors themselves, have a look at:
- Assessment Refresher Weekends - perfect for anyone coming up to their assessment and wanting extra input
- National Navigation Award courses - get nationally recognised certification and boost your skills for ML
This Award will suit you if
- You want to take groups into any hill walking areas of the UK
- You want to lead Gold DofE groups